Tuesday, February 28, 2023

My Ideal Utopia

                                                                     Utopia 

    Hello, my name is K.W and I am taking the course Who am I. In this course we are diving deep into our inner selves and exploring the complex topic of identity. Some of the topics we covered were race, ethnicity, religion, heritage, gender & sexuality. We have also looked at different scenarios to decipher the different things that play a role in who you are. For this action project we have to create our own ideal 3D Utopia and explain how it relates to our identity. 

    In my Utopia I incorporated various things and used a lot of symbolism. Most of the things in my Utopia are from my childhood because my upbringing is the most precious to my identity. Here are some of the main things in my Utopia and the reasons behind it.  The color pink is important to me because pink is my favorite color, it has been my favorite color for the entirety of my life span. In the color pink I feel most confident. There would be no utopia without the color pink. There also would be lots of people because I am an extrovert, and I like to talk, meet new people, and express myself. The people here would only be dark skin and brown skin of all ages. Preferably the people would be my fans or have the same opinions as me, to avoid confrontation because I despise arguments. In addition, I don't like feeling alone. In my utopia there would be lots of animals including my dog Daisy, specifically a bunny with clothes on it because my love for fashion started with doll clothes. In the Christian religion heaven is supposed to have every animal and they are friendly, so ideally this would be the same thing for my utopia. Along with that I am a huge animal lover. Staying on topic of the Christian religion there would be no nighttime just like heaven. I like this idea because I am scared of the dark, and there's no need to feel threatened, no need to come inside at a certain time because it's unsafe like in my neighborhood. In my utopia I will also have a garden with fresh produce. In the hood we don't have access to these things and often have to travel out of our neighborhood for these things. Nicki Minaj would also be included because she is my role model and my inspiration.  I included an unfolding shell because it symbolizes that although I know who I am I still have so much to learn, and I am still coming out of my shell. I also included my family as a foundation because my family means everything to me, and they raised me to be the person who I am today. I don't know where I'd be without them. As Well as my grandma's house which was the hangout spot for me, and a place that I think of as a sanctuary.

    

 This project helped to understand that I still don't know who I am yet. I know basic knowledge like my ethnicity, and my religion and how that plays into who I am, but I still am figuring out who I am, and why. Although, I do understand that my childhood has shaped me in many ways and is something very dear to me. This project was also very challenging for me because I haven't thought about my identity on this level yet, therefore I was puzzled when it came to making a utopia.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Live your truth

                 Hello, my name is K.W and this is my last term as a freshman in high school. This year has been full of learning lessons an...